Monday, October 12, 2009

307 Rocker Records accepting demos from indie artists

307 Rocker Records is a new record label boasting its small town roots. In Hanna, AB, Canada also the home of Nickelback, Mrs. Rocker is accepting demos to be part of the first Check It Loud! compilation. A best of the best 21-song CD, containing three songs from seven different independent artists. Her son, ScottRocker (ex-singer for Village Idiot, a.k.a Nickelback) recently created the record label. ScottRocker decided it was time to reach for the stars and dreamed up 307 Rocker Records.

“I got some great advice from music consultants and rockstars alike that all echoed the same result. Start your own company." quipped Rocker. "Mike Fraser (Mixer of Metallica and, AC/DC albums) whose mom works for his company, inspired me to have my Mom help choose the artists for the compilation."

Mike Fraser collaborated with ScottRocker on his debut single "Set To Explode" at Bryan Adams' Warehouse Studios in Vancouver, and the song is slated to be officially released by 307 Rocker Records in a few months, but is already available on iTunes.

"I had the pleasure of working with Scott on his song "Set To Explode". A talented guy and worth keeping an eye on," said Fraser.

Rocker credits his mother's love of music for his own passion in writing and producing.

"My mom had a huge impact on my musical direction, she exposed me to some of the best lyricists and songwriters of her generation. Plus she always had the patience to allow Chad Kroeger and myself to rehearse loudly in the basement." Rocker recalls, “I remember sitting on the front step with Chad dreaming about getting signed. Times have changed. These days you don’t really need the record companies anymore. With MySpace, you can have your own radio station and with YouTube, you can have your own TV station. And they're free!"

With a decade of television and music production under his belt, ScottRocker and his team of “friends”, who are also elite industry professionals, decided to make their dreams a reality and 307 Rocker Records was born.

“It sounds like we’re copying Chad’s 604 Records, but 307 is actually our Hanna post office box. It’s also the last three digits in our Hanna phone number and my father's old address at a Pembrook army base. The number 307 has followed my family for decades... and I think it's pretty catchy."

Taking the do-it-yourself approach, 307 Rocker Records is poised to take the music industry by storm. Watch it play out on your computer at www.307RockerRecords.ca .

"Now that I have a platform, I want to help other artists reach their dreams. By giving them that attention, I also bring more awareness to myself." explains Rocker. "My mom is super stoked to be a part of this demo selection process! If you have aspirations of becoming a rockstar, send Mrs. Rocker your demo at 307 Rocker Records, Box 307 Hanna AB, Canada, T0J 1P0”

The debut single "Set To Explode" can be heard at www.myspace.com/scottrockermusic

No comments: