Monday, October 12, 2009

Bernie Pearl performances and news

Hello blues friends.

I just wanted to let you know what I plan for my regular Saturday internet radio show, "My Kind of Blues" (3:00-5:00 PST, wpmd.org), for the rest of this month. I will be out of town on both the 10th and the 24th, and the station will run two of my previously recorded shows. But, on the 17th and the 31st, do I have something for you!

On 10/17 we'll have a birthday party for three greats of the past:
Sonny Terry (b. 10/24/11), Willie Mabon (b. 10/24/25), and Big Joe Williams (b. 10/16/03).
Sonny's great harp style, with and without long-time partner Brownie McGhee, should please harmonica fans. Willie Mabon ("I Don't Know") will get it for early post-WWII Chicago fans. And, Big Joe Williams ("Baby Please Don't Go"), one of my absolute favorite finger style guitar men, will shake it down for fans of the rough boogie blues.

On 10/31 Hallowe'en Special (just in case you plain forgot, or just don't have little ones to truck around the neighborhood in costume). We'll use the occasion to look into the occult: witches, devils, mojos, spells, tricks, treats and other related subjects.

Gigs coming up: 10/10, 11/14, 12/5 Dwayne and I will be at Iva Lee's in San Clemente.
http://ivalees.com/contact_info.asp

10/24 Mike Barry and I play the Deep Blues Innovators Blues Festival in Monmouth, Illinois. http://www.monmouthblues.com

/12/12 The Bernie Pearl Blues Band presents an evening of "Old School Blues" at the Arcadia Blues Club. Our first time at the club. I hope you can join us.
www.arcadiabluesclub.com

http://www.berniepearl.com
myspace.com/berniepearl

No comments: